Engine Development Engineer – Controls
Date: Revision Level:
Project Engineer I Level
Provide technical and program execution capacity to Engine Development, Controls and Calibration Skill Teams and Cross-Functional engineering program team activities.
Skill Team Roles:
The specific roles of an Engine Development Engineer – Controls include:
• Supports project team in specifiying, procuring and commissioning control system into test cell/vehicle/etc.
• Support Test Cell Operations during off-shift & weekend operation when necessary
• Plans and performs combustion, performance development, engine calibration and other relevant engineering project work within project team as required.
• Works on specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, preparation of specifications, engine testing, data analysis and validation.
• Supports/ensures data quality and writes technical project reports.
• Coordinates activities concerned with scheduling and resolving engineering test issues.
• Supports and participates in customer meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
A Project Engineer 1 is expected to have demonstrated performance abilities in the following areas:
• Support the Business Development process for specific programs
• On time delivery of program expectations with consistently positive feedback
• Active involvement in Annual Review and Work Planning Process
• Support opportunities for technology development and knowledge capture and re-use.
• Knowledge of Global AVL technology capabilities
• Familiarity with regulatory and market segment requirements and end-user expectations
• Independent functionality in at least three of the following areas:
• Combustion system development
• Engine calibration (base and transient)
• Engine Controls Software
• Engine Testing
• Working effectively with customers and other program staff and team members
• Accountability for individual and team delivery
• Effective communication with all levels of the program team
➢ Experience and Education
• 1-2 years of experience in area of expertise
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
• Computer Science, Robotics, MEMS, Control System coursework or experience preferred
Fleet trialling sustainable ethanol fuel
Clariant, in conjunction with Mercedes-Benz and Haltermann Carless, have been trialling the use of sustainable cellulosic ethanol on a number of vehicles over a twelve month period Read Now
Engines on test: MG SGE-LFV GDI 1.5-liter
Is the sole engine available for the MG GS good enough to support the entire range? We find out as we test the Opel, SAIC, MG and Shanghai GM co-developed SGE-LFV GDI 1.5-liter turbo Read Now
McLaren unveils twin-turbocharged V8
The UK OEM gives the knowledge and all the exclusive details behind the M480T engine Read Now
Do you have an opinion you'd like to share with the engine technology community? We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the leading issues shaping the industry. Share your comments by sending up to 500 words to email@example.com