« back to listing
Control systems engineer (Pi Innovo)
Pi Innovo is expanding its team and hiring Systems & Controls Engineers. Pi Innovo is the expert partner for the design and development of innovative electronics systems to the automotive, transportation, defense, industrial, and aviation industries. Pi Innovo is a full service engineering consultancy focused on controls development for the above mentioned markets. We design and manufacture our own line of electronic control units for rapid prototyping and medium volume production www.openecu.com. Work assignments are diverse due to our client base and the technologies where our ECUs are utilized. Pi Innovo has offices in Plymouth, MI and Cambridge, England.
What is the opportunity?
Create model based (Simulink) controls for a wide variety of automotive and transportation applications. This will cover the development of system requirements, software architecture, control models, testing and in-vehicle calibration.
Specific projects vary from hybrid supervisor controls, semi-active suspension control system, ABS/TCS/ESC controls, OBD diagnostics, diesel aftertreatment control systems, passive and active safety systems just to name a few.
Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to collate information from multiple sources into a cohesive solution are important. Often problems require interaction with multiple cross-discipline teams to reach a resolution, from hardware engineers, HWIO software engineers and electronics technicians.
Team members are expected to be self-motivated, able to work with project plans and balance manager direction with other priorities in order to appropriately manage time.
What we’re looking for?
• BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
• 2 years minimum experience (in industry or university) in Simulink development in an embedded auto-coded environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
It would be a bonus if you also have:
• Experience with C, C++, or C#
• Experience with CMMI Level 3 software development
• Experience with CAN and/or SAE-J1939
• Experience in control system calibration and associated tools (ETAS, ATI, Vector)
• Strong working knowledge of general automotive systems
• Experience with diagnostic service tool development
What’s in it for you?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: 15 vacation days, group medical and dental insurance, a vision discount program as well as a 401k with company match. In addition we have a flexible work schedule and a great work environment.
To apply please send your resume and a cover letter stating your current salary to Helena Baum, Director of HR at email@example.com
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.