About the Company:
People don't get jobs at Makino. They have careers—careers that take them to exciting places around the globe. With strategically placed sites in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and the Pacific Rim, Makino is a multinational company poised to hire the very best people from around the globe. Makino works with its employees to help them find their place in the company and the world. We believe that the interests of our company and people are inseparable, and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. If you're looking for a great job with a great company in a great location, you've come to the right place!
Makino is a world leader in metal cutting and manufacturing technology. At Makino employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry. We offer competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training.
As a full-time Makino Proposal Engineer you will be responsible for the development of simple to complex manufacturing proposals applying Makino products and engineering services and solutions that meet or exceed the customers’ requirements. As a Proposal Engineer you will:
• Respond to Customer Request for Quotations (RFQ)
• Create manufacturing process solutions based on customer requirements
• Generate costing documentation and large program proposals
• Work with outside Manufacturing technology providers to determine specification requirements, price negotiations and terms and conditions agreement
• Provide outstanding sales support through high quality proposal work assisting with customer meetings
Your supervisor will be the Proposal Engineer Manager.
At Makino we promote internally as often as possible, allowing for great growth opportunities!
To qualify you should have a professional image, be a team player and a self-starter with a strong work ethic, and have:
• U.S. Citizen or Green card Required
• BS in Engineering or equivalent
• 3 - 5 years direct experience in machine tool environment
• Must Have experience in medium to high volume metal cutting machining (“production type part”)
• Have CAD and/or solid modeling experience
• Be ably to construct a machining process plan
• Previous experience with large program proposal
• Be comfortable with technical writing
• Demonstrated competence with MS office software
• Rational decision making and problem solving ability
• Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
We Offer a Competitive Benefits Package Including:
• Paid Vacation
• 401K Contribution
• Insurance Plans
• Bonus Incentives
Apply With Us:
A company is only as good as its people and Makino’s employees are the best. If you would like to be one of the best and are interested in experiencing job growth in a team environment please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Makino is EOE.
Jaguar F-Type 2.0-liter: The Knowledge
Jaguar is broadening the appeal of the its F-Type performance coupe, with the introduction of the a new 2.0-liter entry-level model, powered by a state-of-the-art four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine Read Now
Engines on test: Bentley Bentayga W12 TSI
The first Bentley SUV packs a 608ps, 900Nm punch via an all-new 6.0-liter twin-turbo W12 TSI powerplant. But staggering power levels aside, is it any good? Read Now
Fleet trialling sustainable ethanol fuel
Clariant, in conjunction with Mercedes-Benz and Haltermann Carless, have been trialling the use of sustainable cellulosic ethanol on a number of vehicles over a twelve month period Read Now
Do you have an opinion you'd like to share with the engine technology community? We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the leading issues shaping the industry. Share your comments by sending up to 500 words to email@example.com