About the Company:
People don't get jobs at Makino. They have careers—careers that take them to exciting places around the globe. With strategically placed sites in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and the Pacific Rim, Makino is a multinational company poised to hire the very best people from around the globe. Makino works with its employees to help them find their place in the company and the world. We believe that the interests of our company and people are inseparable, and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. If you're looking for a great job with a great company in a great location, you've come to the right place!
Makino is a world leader in metal cutting and manufacturing technology. At Makino employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry. We offer competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training.
As a full-time Makino Proposal Engineer you will be responsible for the development of simple to complex manufacturing proposals applying Makino products and engineering services and solutions that meet or exceed the customers’ requirements. As a Proposal Engineer you will:
• Respond to Customer Request for Quotations (RFQ)
• Create manufacturing process solutions based on customer requirements
• Generate costing documentation and large program proposals
• Work with outside Manufacturing technology providers to determine specification requirements, price negotiations and terms and conditions agreement
• Provide outstanding sales support through high quality proposal work assisting with customer meetings
Your supervisor will be the Proposal Engineer Manager.
At Makino we promote internally as often as possible, allowing for great growth opportunities!
To qualify you should have a professional image, be a team player and a self-starter with a strong work ethic, and have:
• U.S. Citizen or Green card Required
• BS in Engineering or equivalent
• 3 - 5 years direct experience in machine tool environment
• Must Have experience in medium to high volume metal cutting machining (“production type part”)
• Have CAD and/or solid modeling experience
• Be ably to construct a machining process plan
• Previous experience with large program proposal
• Be comfortable with technical writing
• Demonstrated competence with MS office software
• Rational decision making and problem solving ability
• Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
We Offer a Competitive Benefits Package Including:
• Paid Vacation
• 401K Contribution
• Insurance Plans
• Bonus Incentives
Apply With Us:
A company is only as good as its people and Makino’s employees are the best. If you would like to be one of the best and are interested in experiencing job growth in a team environment please submit a current resume to email@example.com. Makino is EOE.
Measuring pressure during engine development
FPT Motorenforschung, a Swiss manufacturer of engines for commercial vehicles, construction equipment and agricultural machinery, uses Keller’s M5 pressure transmitters in its test benches to achieve reliable, precise measurement results Read Now
Engines on test: Hyundai-Kia G3LC-6iL
At the center of the all-new Kia Rio, the all-aluminum three-cylinder TGDi unit uses a host of the latest technologies such as integrated turbocharger and manifold, variable valve timing and laser-drilled injectors to boost power, refinement and efficiency over the outgoing 1.4-liter engine Read Now
Lucid Air prototype testing
With 1,000hp and up to 400 miles driving range, the Lucid Air is one of the most exciting EC developments of the year so far. Watch here the prototype being tested earlier this year. Read Now
Click here for listings and information on leading suppliers covering all aspects of the engine technology industry. Want to see your company included? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Do you have an opinion you'd like to share with the engine technology community? We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the leading issues shaping the industry. Share your comments by sending up to 500 words to email@example.com