Position will require working individually or with a small team of designers / engineers to execute customer projects and in‐house products. Frequently tight deadlines are driven by customer requirements creating fast paced and highly varied work tasks. Projects include motorsports, automotive, motorcycle, industrial, marine, commercial and high performance aftermarket engines, components and sub‐systems.
All work will be completed in SolidWorks 2012. Candidates must have a good solid modeling base, an understanding of engine components and how they would be manufactured; A candidate with Solidworks proficiency is desired, however strong 3D modeling skills is a must.
- Mechanical component design and solid modeling including blocks, heads, oil pans / systems,
induction, rotating components, valvetrain and front accessory drives
- Design configurations for castings, machined components, assemblies and manufacturing prints
- Manufacturing print creation including setup, datums, GD&T and revision tracking
- Prepare customer design communication and tracking documents
- Design reviews and rapid design development
- Product benchmarking research for new products, market analysis
- Supplier and manufacturing process research and coordination
Desired Specialized Knowledge and Skill Sets:
- Ideal individual will have an understanding of engine mechanical and performance principles
and part manufacturing processes including sand castings, die castings, forgings, machining, carbon fiber and plastic injection.
- Strong initiative, identification of product and process improvement opportunities and ability to work autonomously or within a group a must
- 3D Mechanical design skills are a must
- SolidWorks proficiency highly desired
- Knowledge of OEM production and motorsport automotive industry
- Strong communications skills and Microsoft Office suite proficiency
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Telecommuting will be the primary work method, with some on‐site or client site meetings and
- Workstation and SolidWorks seat a plus, but not a requirement
- May require some infrequent domestic travel
- Stress may occur periodically under tight deadlines
- Flexible and long hours may be required
- Individual is accountable for timely and accurate design creation, data management and manufacturing prints.
- Thorough and real time communication to maintain project progress
- Strong self initiative and self‐discipline required for home office productivity
Reports To: President
- Work examples (SW models/prints preferred or eprt/easm, .pdf or screen shots; do not send data that would violate NDA’s)
- Desired rate
- Start schedule availability
- Workstation hardware specs
Measuring pressure during engine development
FPT Motorenforschung, a Swiss manufacturer of engines for commercial vehicles, construction equipment and agricultural machinery, uses Keller’s M5 pressure transmitters in its test benches to achieve reliable, precise measurement results Read Now
Engines on test: Hyundai-Kia G3LC-6iL
At the center of the all-new Kia Rio, the all-aluminum three-cylinder TGDi unit uses a host of the latest technologies such as integrated turbocharger and manifold, variable valve timing and laser-drilled injectors to boost power, refinement and efficiency over the outgoing 1.4-liter engine Read Now
Lucid Air prototype testing
With 1,000hp and up to 400 miles driving range, the Lucid Air is one of the most exciting EC developments of the year so far. Watch here the prototype being tested earlier this year. Read Now
Click here for listings and information on leading suppliers covering all aspects of the engine technology industry. Want to see your company included? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Do you have an opinion you'd like to share with the engine technology community? We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the leading issues shaping the industry. Share your comments by sending up to 500 words to email@example.com