Principal Engineer, Ricardo Shanghai Engines Product Group, Diesel (Ricardo)
Accountability / Key Responsibilities
• The responsibilities in the role are broadly split into three areas;
• Generating New Business:
• Developing relationships and establishing strategies for success with Chinese customers.
• Applying targetted focus to potential new clients to break in to new target customers.
Providing technical lead in customer sales meetings and responses to RFQs
• Proposal preparation either alone or in team situations for Diesel and related products. (documentation, plans, costing, commercial package)
• Support development of Ricardo technology strategy and product offerings for engines for the next key challenges of the Chinese automotive industry, and promote Ricardo key USPs.
• Developing and maintaining client network and relationships with key client staff relevant to your position.
• Responding to customer requests for information or discussion documents.
• Following Ricardo internal process.
• Understanding of market trends in your sector ie legislation, fuel, R&D needs, customer behavior, customer product range.
• Delivering Current Business:
• Taking lead on small projects where appropriate.
• Supporting project team in delivery of projects.
• Understanding status of all current Diesel projects.
• Maintaining appropriate communication with customers on current projects.
• Ensure that project delivery quality by Ricardo is, as a must, at least satisfactory, through constant customer feedback and internal community challenging.
• Improvement Activity and Facility:
• Deliver assigned improvement projects (generic proposal, legislation links, market data)
• Support Shanghai facility as and when required (ie definition of equipment needs, technical support for test work queries if required, understanding of future equipment to meet legislation on Diesel product).
• Degree qualified engineer with a minimum of 8 years’ industry experience with strong technical background in at least one area of engines specialisation (eg design, analysis, application, calibration).
• Experience in project leadership or system / function responsibility as a customer interface.
• Experience in turbocharged, direct injection Diesel development would be particularly valuable.
• Experience of working in China and developing working relationships with key Chinese OEMs in the pass car or commercial vehicle areas would be useful.
• Mandarin speaker.
• Ability to work in a challenging team environment.
• A track record of product development within the automotive industry, ideally to volume production.
• Capable of representing Ricardo in your field of expertise in a range of customer situations.
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• High degree of autonomy and ability to independently work within a peer network of multi-disciplined teams.
• High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel.
• Robust character with a strong drive and motivation to succeed.
• Great patience in dealing with client and team situations coupled with an ability to accept and positively respond to frequent changes.
• An ability to work under pressure and tight timescales.
• An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures.
• Being a benchmark for upholding Ricardo values
Measuring pressure during engine development
FPT Motorenforschung, a Swiss manufacturer of engines for commercial vehicles, construction equipment and agricultural machinery, uses Keller’s M5 pressure transmitters in its test benches to achieve reliable, precise measurement results Read Now
Engines on test: Hyundai-Kia G3LC-6iL
At the center of the all-new Kia Rio, the all-aluminum three-cylinder TGDi unit uses a host of the latest technologies such as integrated turbocharger and manifold, variable valve timing and laser-drilled injectors to boost power, refinement and efficiency over the outgoing 1.4-liter engine Read Now
Lucid Air prototype testing
With 1,000hp and up to 400 miles driving range, the Lucid Air is one of the most exciting EC developments of the year so far. Watch here the prototype being tested earlier this year. Read Now
Click here for listings and information on leading suppliers covering all aspects of the engine technology industry. Want to see your company included? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Do you have an opinion you'd like to share with the engine technology community? We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the leading issues shaping the industry. Share your comments by sending up to 500 words to email@example.com