Vehicle Product Group Vice President – Asia (Ricardo)
China Technical Centre, Ricardo, Asia
As leader of the Ricardo Asia Vehicle product group, he/she will be responsible for technical selling and development of Vehicle proposals for Asian customers. The position will work closely with other senior Product Group, Engineering and BD staff across all Ricardo business sites.
The key responsibilities will be:
• Represent the Vehicle Systems Product Group on the Ricardo Asia Leadership Team.
• Implementing business plans and key deliverables in line with global strategy agreed with the Global Vehicle Systems Product Group Director.
• To win new business to meet budgeted turnover, project margin, order intake and cash balance in line with the 3 year plan.
• Monitor and manage the delivery of all vehicle projects to deliver above or at as sold margin.
• Establishing and maintaining standards, consistency, and quality for all aspects of his /her business.
• Implementing common processes in line with relevant functions across the business (Programme Management (PM), Engineering, Operations, etc).
• To pro-actively promote/market the Product Group and be an industry “Icon” for that product/service and build strong and lasting relationships with counterparts in our client base.
• To monitor the requirements and recommend the necessary capital investment to support business growth.
• To co-ordinate the recruitment, retention, career progression and succession planning of specialist staff.
• To approve the proposal of all CAT 1-3 (Low to Medium Risk) projects and to monitor subsequently, in a pro-active manner, the technical, timing and cost delivery of such jobs. To arrange and support CAT 4 (High Risk) reviews at key milestones in the relevant projects.
• To be aware constantly of market trends and developments and to monitor the market world-wide in order to properly influence the future development of the Product Group.
• To identify areas to drive value improvement in support of our mission statement.
• 15 years relevant experience relevant industry experience, preferably directly in a relevant role within an OEM, Tier 1 or consultant.
• Automotive product development.
• A track record of product development within the automotive industry, ideally to volume production
• Credibility in a wide range of customer situations
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
• Strong self motivated self-starter, a natural leader, demonstrated coordination skills.
• Strong business and commercial skills with understanding of financial drivers and shareholder value.
• Demonstrated business development experience linked to strategic planning with examples of effectively delivered strategy particularly in high growth areas. High degree of customer interaction whilst driving business objectives.
• Broad technical capabilities and experience of transmission systems and related driveline components and controls within the vehicle original equipment, component supplier and/or technology sectors of the transportation industry or closely related industrial sectors.
• Highly mobile, extensive travel to cover geographical responsibilities and interfaces with other divisions.
• Experience of working with many global cultures, especially Asian cultures.
• Experience of working in the defence sector would also be an advantage.
• Excellent communicator with all levels both inside and outside the company. Primary interface will be external with the customer.
• Good team player who can operate in a global matrix organisation.
• An ability to independently build and lead multi-disciplined teams
• High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel
• Robust character with a strong drive and motivation to succeed
• Great patience in dealing with client and team situations coupled with an ability to accept and positively respond to frequent changes
• An ability to work under pressure and very tight timescales
• An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures
• Being a benchmark for upholding Ricardo values
Fleet trialling sustainable ethanol fuel
Clariant, in conjunction with Mercedes-Benz and Haltermann Carless, have been trialling the use of sustainable cellulosic ethanol on a number of vehicles over a twelve month period Read Now
Engines on test: MG SGE-LFV GDI 1.5-liter
Is the sole engine available for the MG GS good enough to support the entire range? We find out as we test the Opel, SAIC, MG and Shanghai GM co-developed SGE-LFV GDI 1.5-liter turbo Read Now
McLaren unveils twin-turbocharged V8
The UK OEM gives the knowledge and all the exclusive details behind the M480T engine Read Now
Do you have an opinion you'd like to share with the engine technology community? We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the leading issues shaping the industry. Share your comments by sending up to 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org