« back to listing
Powertrain and Control System Project Engineer (Hyperdrive Innovation)
Hyperdrive Innovation is a low carbon vehicle technology company working on a range of ground breaking, enabling innovation for external clients and our own internal portfolio of Intellectual Property (IP). The business is based in the North East of England in a region synonymous with low carbon vehicle development & manufacture.
Hyperdrive is expanding and requires dynamic, hard working engineers to drive the business forward.
Projects we are working on include automotive, marine and defence applications and can be as diverse as a single component up to the build of a complete vehicle.
The successful candidates will be qualified to degree level at least, with evidence of a solid knowledge of engineering principles. They will also exhibit a high level of drive, autonomy and a willingness to learn. Successful and accurate project delivery, are of paramount importance and our staff take this responsibility seriously. Our small team is adaptable, practical, enthusiastic and skilled at providing solutions – a successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the same ethos.
Applicants must have substantial experience in two or more of the following areas:
• Development of software / firmware for embedded platforms using C or Assembler.
• Control system design & development for electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical systems. Strategy definition, writing and compiling of C-code and/ or the use of rapid prototyping tools for control systems.
• Integration of electronic and mechanical systems; defining sub-system components and interfaces, dealing with vehicle CAN, safety features etc. for controllers, power electronics and energy storage and management devices.
• Electronics / embedded system design & validation
• PCB design
• Build and commissioning of electronic and electromechanical equipment
• Safety case development & processes
• Robust engineering techniques and processes
• Dependant on candidate and experience
• The business periodically offers discretionary bonus schemes, linked to individual and business objectives
The North East offers a diverse range of attractions from the energy of city life to the stunning countryside of Northumberland.
The cities boast a range of excellent places to eat out, cultural attractions such as The Sage music & arts centre, The Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art and the Metro Radio Arena, a large concert and exhibition centre.
The countryside and coastline, with its ancient castles and outstanding views, make for excellent walking, rock climbing, sailing, mountain biking and many other outdoor activities.
Newcastle has very good travel connections with an International airport and an excellent rail & metro service.
Email your CV and covering letter to:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.