« back to listing
Program Leader – Engineering/Technical Service (Polaris)
Wyoming, Minnesota or Roseau, Minnesota, USA
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 4,500 employees in 15 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2012 sales of $3.2 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER and RZR side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead cross-functional program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements. Responsible for the overall success of the program.
2. Direct the program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved.
3. Manage the assigned team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes. Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate.
4. Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members. Support accessory and service part planning and execution.
5. Participate in field development testing as required; analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
6. Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the team. Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers.
7. Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's success.
8. Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
9. Provide technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications.
10. May typically lead a large program or multiple smaller programs.
11. Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. BS Engineering Degree required.
2. 8 or more years of program leadership or engineering project/design leadership experience, in similar industry. Strong technical background.
3. Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others. Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
5. Decisive and prone to action. Must be Quality-oriented and customer focused.
6. Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills. Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
7. Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
8. Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
9. Sincere desire to exceed customers’ expectations.
Fast paced office environment
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online at www.polaris.com, Click on Careers, and Requisition #13-0217