« back to listing
Project Engineer-Powertrain – Engineering/Technical Service (Polaris)
Wyoming, Minnesota, USA
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 4,500 employees in 15 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2012 sales of $3.2 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER and RZR side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans, conducts and manages overall Powertrain/Engine project assignments. Reviews progress and evaluates results relative to quality, timing and costs.
2. Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function.
3. Utilize the Polaris product development process.
4. Establishes project costs, part costs and tool costs and monitors the costs throughout the project.
5. Coordinates development, testing, design, and validation efforts to ensure Powertrain/Engine project objectives are met per schedule.
6. Participates in design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
7. Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
8. Represents the company at engineering/legal standards conformance meetings; prepares record searches, depositions, site and vehicle examination reports.
9. Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. B.S. in Engineering required.
2. 3 years minimum previous experience in consumer product engineering and or project management preferred.
3. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
4. Creative and innovative.
5. Decisive and prone to action.
6. Quality and customer focused.
7. Excellent presentation skills.
Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply Online at www.polaris.com, Click on Careers, and Requisition #12-0752