« back to listing
Sr. Design Engineer-Powertrain – Powertrain (Polaris)
Wyoming, Minnesota, USA
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 4,500 employees in 15 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2012 sales of $3.2 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER and RZR side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
2. Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
3. Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
4. Determines nature and type of electronic models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
5. Coordinate, mentor, and supervise designers and engineers within the team.
6. Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
7. Participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
8. Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
9. Assists in the preparation of the monthly project status report.
10. Represents the Company at engineering/legal standards conformance meetings; prepares record searches, depositions, site, and vehicle examination reports as required. 11. Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. Required-B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent
2. 3-6 years minimum related design experience in an O.E. Environment (title commensurate with experience)
3. Required-experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package, Pro-Engineer preferred. Experience with one or more of the following Powertrain Design Categories: Engine Architecture, Power Cylinder, Crank train, Cylinder Head, Crankcases, Valve train, Intake and Exhaust Systems, Fuel Systems, Lubrication System, Starting and Charging Systems, Transmissions and Gears, Performance Development as related to engine design.
4. Creation of original specifications for system performance.
5. GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups.
6. Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in engine design. 7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Good strategic vision and business knowledge.
9. Demonstrated ability to lead major process change in a way that enhances overall corporate performance.
10. High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
11. Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
12. Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
1. Fast paced office environment
2. Travel as needed (less than 10%)
Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online at www.polaris.com, Click on Careers, and Requisition #13-0004