« back to listing
AS NPD Engineer (Associated Spring)
Bristol, Hartford County, Connecticut, USA
Associated Spring seeks a talented, self-driven and high- energy individual to serve as NPD Engineer for its Bristol, CT division. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate who will lead New Process & New Product Development initiatives within Associated Spring divisions to support & promote profitable industrial and automotive sales growth. This position offers the opportunity to design trend setting spring applications & new processes to support the needs of new and existing AS customers globally. If you are a disciplined and collaborative individual with effective leadership skills, demonstrated understanding of Lean who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can focus individual and team energies to deliver results, you may be an excellent candidate to join our team.
Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
• Develop/Design, drive and implement NPD (New Product & New Process) plans to ensure profitable sales growth & transition to manufacturing.
• Represent engineering on NPD initiatives & champion divisional technology & product/process capability within sales team and interfacing with customers.
• Identify new product and/or product improvements and with the industrial and automotive marketplace.
• Communicate, track and monitor progress toward key milestones and completion of NPD deliverables to DM, GTC and Sales Leaders.
• Responsible for delivering the new product/process (NPD) projects on schedule, within budget and with quality performance.
• Support Technology roadmap implementation at divisional level and contribute to its evolution across divisional and corporate products.
• Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and contact commitments.
• Facilitate presentations in technical, customer, and program reviews to support sales and profitable growth goals.
• Attend technical and industry events to stay up-to-date on industry trends and customer needs.
• 15% - 25% travel required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 - 8 years of related manufacturing (process & product design) experience preferably in spring, industrial, automotive or related industry.
• Demonstrated product design & process knowledge & experience (i.e., DFM & DFA)
• Proven track record of use of proactive process/product development tools, i.e., DFMEA, PFMEA, APQP, etc.
• Solid Project or Program Management experience.
• Ability to lead New Product & Process Development within a manufacturing business unit.
• Acts with integrity and the highest ethical behavior.
• Excellent leadership, communication and team skills required and ability to communicate change(s) effectively. Has the ability to influence, build commitment and overcome resistance.
• Ability to plan, build contingency plans and anticipate possible issues.
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint. 3D Modeling, FEA, DOE knowledge a plus.
• Experience in another functional area i.e. Sales, Finance, Quality or related fields are a plus.
• B.S. degree in Engineering (i.e., mechanical, metallurgy, design).
• Master Degree in Engineering or related business field a plus.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.