Working under the Manager, Mechanical Engineering, the Senior Electronic Packaging Designer will be part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Execute, verify and approve tolerance stackup (GD&T) for mechanical layout of his/her assigned power electronic product(s);
- Evaluate structural / thermal FEA analysis requirements and review the simulation results processed by our mechanical analyst team;
- Ensure technical design supervision and client follow-up;
- Participate in 3D part and assembly verifications and 2D drawing approval;
- Evaluate workload with the project planning team to track and meet project schedules;
- Write up calculation or analysis reports when required;
- Support the change management process for products under his/her responsibility.
- Propose non-compliance (RNC) solutions while taking deadlines into consideration;
- Animate brainstorming sessions and give training sessions when needed;
- Propose innovating ways to improve the design methodology in his core team and speed up product development (DFM, DFA, concurrent engineering, etc.).
We are looking for someone with specific competencies:
- Concrete experience in mechanical design and manufacturing processes;
- Good knowledge of power electronics integration concepts and best practices;
- Mastery of 3D CAD modeling software (NX an asset);
- Experience in structural/thermal FEA and CFD;
- Advanced knowledge in discrete electronics and current distribution;
- Advanced geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T, ASME Y14.5 2009).
We are also looking for someone who:
- has a Bachelor of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 5-10 years of relevant experience;
- is a natural leader who enjoys meeting challenges head on;
- is a dynamic team player with enhanced diplomatic skills;
- is meticulous, rigorous and precise, yet flexible enough to handle change;
- has the passion and imagination required for innovation;
- has a working knowledge of spoken and written French.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity of seeing your innovations directly injected into real product design;
- a stimulating, friendly, work environment in Boucherville, Québec;
- timely professional training and development;
- flexible work hours and an excellent vacation/benefits package.
Fleet trialling sustainable ethanol fuel
Clariant, in conjunction with Mercedes-Benz and Haltermann Carless, have been trialling the use of sustainable cellulosic ethanol on a number of vehicles over a twelve month period Read Now
Engines on test: MG SGE-LFV GDI 1.5-liter
Is the sole engine available for the MG GS good enough to support the entire range? We find out as we test the Opel, SAIC, MG and Shanghai GM co-developed SGE-LFV GDI 1.5-liter turbo Read Now
McLaren unveils twin-turbocharged V8
The UK OEM gives the knowledge and all the exclusive details behind the M480T engine Read Now
Do you have an opinion you'd like to share with the engine technology community? We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the leading issues shaping the industry. Share your comments by sending up to 500 words to email@example.com