« back to listing
Manufacturing Engineer (Sterling Power)
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
A technical research center and low volume engine manufacturer seeks a Manufacturing Engineer who will be able to evaluate, improve, and develop manufacturing processes as needed. This person should utilize his/her knowledge of product design, materials, machining, and assembly processes, to improve safety, quality and efficiency throughout the manufacturing facility. Responsibilities also include leading continuous improvement projects such as cycle time reduction, setup time reduction, inventory reduction, and work space utilization, developing new manufacturing processes, designing manufacturing cells, performing time studies and creating work simplification methods and routings. The individual will work in the engineering department to plan, design, and set up the prototype shop by performing the following duties.
• Responsible for setting up a small prototype sheet metal weld shop, including floor arrangement (work cell arrangement); identifying the necessary equipment, purchasing and supervising set up; and the design and implementation of welding jigs and fixtures for a sheet metal combustor.
• Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; and conferring with equipment vendors.
• Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
• Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
• Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering, or as an alternate, Associates degree plus related manufacturing expertise with five years related experience and/or training.
• Computer literate, proficient in the use of Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Project, SolidWorks or similar CAD software, and the internet.
• Knowledge and work experience with high temperature sheet metal alloys.
• Ability to travel to visit suppliers.
• Experience with manufacturing methods and procedures.
• Experience with manufacturing quality and product development.
• Knowledge of many sheet metal forming processes such as stamping, roll forming, laser cutting, spinning and etc.
• Knowledge of MIG, TIG, and roll seam welding.
• Strong oral and written communications skills. Strong ability in the areas of team work and independently.
This position is a short-term, contract position to complete a particular project. The term of the contract will be at least 12-18 months in length.
Email email@example.com for further details.