At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
Active Safety & Chassis are responsible for initiating and driving Research and Development of Chassis Systems, Safety Functions and Electronics and Vehicle Dynamics Attributes on all VCC cars. We are looking for a Senior Technical Leader who will develop and coordinate all driving dynamics related attributes. The Driving Dynamics Senior Technical Leader (STL) must have good knowledge of the development of driving dynamics related issues on the market and the development within the competitive set. Based on this as well as customer demands and the attribute strategy the STL must be able to act as a specialist in Advanced Engineering and Concept Development and as a technical leader in the vehicle development programs within Driving Dynamics. The STL acts as champion for the Driving Dynamics Council. You will be a member of the Vehicle Dynamics and Active Safety Center team and report to the director. The position is located at Volvo Cars in Gothenburg.
• Development and implementation of Volvo brand DNA for driving dynamics.
• Research and development strategies and plans within the driving dynamics attribute areas regarding technology development, methods, processes and tools.
• Driving Dynamics design, engineering and harmony guide-lines.
• Driving Dynamics design and engineering requirements in measurable terms.
• Balance cross functions such as NVH, PT and Driving Ergonomics etc.
• Representation of Volvo in communication with media with respect to Driving Dynamics on request of PR
• Minimum a Master of Science, PhD preferred within the Driving Dynamics area.
• 10 years of experience in PT, Chassis or NVH engineering
• Experience from launching programs and/or platforms within automotive industry
• Experience of leadership within the Driving Dynamics area
• Demonstrated technical expertise
• Demonstrated capability and willingness to teach and document technical knowledge
• Recognised contributions to formal technical mentoring and/or training (including course material)
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Driver´s licence and an experienced driver
• Meritorious is if you are already recognised as an authority within Volvo Car Group
• High integrity and professionalism
• Holistic view and conceptual thinking
• Business and performance driven
• Demonstrated high level of communication skills and teamwork
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Professionals. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Monica Willeborg at +46 (0)729 889419 or by e-mail: email@example.com
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later then January 31, 2014.
Measuring pressure during engine development
FPT Motorenforschung, a Swiss manufacturer of engines for commercial vehicles, construction equipment and agricultural machinery, uses Keller’s M5 pressure transmitters in its test benches to achieve reliable, precise measurement results Read Now
Engines on test: Hyundai-Kia G3LC-6iL
At the center of the all-new Kia Rio, the all-aluminum three-cylinder TGDi unit uses a host of the latest technologies such as integrated turbocharger and manifold, variable valve timing and laser-drilled injectors to boost power, refinement and efficiency over the outgoing 1.4-liter engine Read Now
Lucid Air prototype testing
With 1,000hp and up to 400 miles driving range, the Lucid Air is one of the most exciting EC developments of the year so far. Watch here the prototype being tested earlier this year. Read Now
Click here for listings and information on leading suppliers covering all aspects of the engine technology industry. Want to see your company included? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Do you have an opinion you'd like to share with the engine technology community? We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the leading issues shaping the industry. Share your comments by sending up to 500 words to email@example.com