At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
Active Safety & Chassis are responsible for initiating and driving Research and Development of Chassis Systems, Safety Functions and Electronics and Vehicle Dynamics Attributes on all VCC cars. We are looking for a Senior Technical Leader who will develop and coordinate all driving dynamics related attributes. The Driving Dynamics Senior Technical Leader (STL) must have good knowledge of the development of driving dynamics related issues on the market and the development within the competitive set. Based on this as well as customer demands and the attribute strategy the STL must be able to act as a specialist in Advanced Engineering and Concept Development and as a technical leader in the vehicle development programs within Driving Dynamics. The STL acts as champion for the Driving Dynamics Council. You will be a member of the Vehicle Dynamics and Active Safety Center team and report to the director. The position is located at Volvo Cars in Gothenburg.
• Development and implementation of Volvo brand DNA for driving dynamics.
• Research and development strategies and plans within the driving dynamics attribute areas regarding technology development, methods, processes and tools.
• Driving Dynamics design, engineering and harmony guide-lines.
• Driving Dynamics design and engineering requirements in measurable terms.
• Balance cross functions such as NVH, PT and Driving Ergonomics etc.
• Representation of Volvo in communication with media with respect to Driving Dynamics on request of PR
• Minimum a Master of Science, PhD preferred within the Driving Dynamics area.
• 10 years of experience in PT, Chassis or NVH engineering
• Experience from launching programs and/or platforms within automotive industry
• Experience of leadership within the Driving Dynamics area
• Demonstrated technical expertise
• Demonstrated capability and willingness to teach and document technical knowledge
• Recognised contributions to formal technical mentoring and/or training (including course material)
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Driver´s licence and an experienced driver
• Meritorious is if you are already recognised as an authority within Volvo Car Group
• High integrity and professionalism
• Holistic view and conceptual thinking
• Business and performance driven
• Demonstrated high level of communication skills and teamwork
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Professionals. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Monica Willeborg at +46 (0)729 889419 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later then January 31, 2014.
Fleet trialling sustainable ethanol fuel
Clariant, in conjunction with Mercedes-Benz and Haltermann Carless, have been trialling the use of sustainable cellulosic ethanol on a number of vehicles over a twelve month period Read Now
Engines on test: MG SGE-LFV GDI 1.5-liter
Is the sole engine available for the MG GS good enough to support the entire range? We find out as we test the Opel, SAIC, MG and Shanghai GM co-developed SGE-LFV GDI 1.5-liter turbo Read Now
McLaren unveils twin-turbocharged V8
The UK OEM gives the knowledge and all the exclusive details behind the M480T engine Read Now
Do you have an opinion you'd like to share with the engine technology community? We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the leading issues shaping the industry. Share your comments by sending up to 500 words to email@example.com