« back to listing
CAE Engineer Vehicle Dynamics (Volvo)
Göteborg, Vastra Gotaland, Sweden
At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
Vehicle Dynamics & Active Safety Centre is a department within Active Safety & Chassis. The Vehicle Dynamics CAE section is actively participating in the development and verification of the vehicle by simulating the vehicle handling, steering and ride properties. We do both system and full vehicle analysis. Starting in 2014 we will also be supporting our new driving simulator with real time simulation models. It is also within our responsibility to simulate ground and wheel clearance. We work in close collaboration with the design and attribute teams in each vehicle program.
As a CAE Engineer Vehicle Dynamics you are responsible for planning and performing CAE analyses, including analyses of results and reports. The responsibilities also include development and documentation of CAE test methods. As part of our expanding team you will be working in a creative environment shaping tomorrow’s vehicles and virtual methods.
• CAE simulations, analysis and validation
• Optimisation of vehicle dynamics performance in vehicle projects
• Model development and validation of models
• Process and method development
• Participation in advanced engineering assignments
• Ph. D in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent with emphasis in Vehicle Dynamics
• CAE experience in the field of Vehicle Dynamics
• Proficient in dynamic modeling using ADAMS, VI-CarRealTime, IPG CARMAKER or similar simulation tool
• Project management skills
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Driver’s licence (B-level)
• Experience of simulations of Stability Control Systems is meritorious
• Experience of driving simulator development is also meritorious
• Self-driven with a positive attitude
• Able to take initiative and to identify and accomplish challenging objectives
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to plan, conduct, summarise and report your work in a structured and thorough manner
• You have good communication and social skills and a willingness to actively participate in the team’s common matters
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Professionals. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Karin Örtegren at +46 (0) 72 988 94 28 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later than May 4th 2014.
Email email@example.com for further details.