« back to listing
Position Summary: The Programmer is primarily responsible for enhancements and upgrades to the Friedman Software System which provides ERP transaction and reporting capability to the Company. As such, the programmer will assist the programming efforts of the IT Director and Sr Programmer using RPG and RPG embedded SQL to maintain the smooth and seamless operation of what has become a legacy system from the Friedman installed software.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: (Duties include but are not limited to)
1. Develops application software using approved programming languages.
2. Implements approved changes to application software to maintain current standards, correct problems, modify or enhance applications function.
3. Participates in the design and selection of application software to develop skills and knowledge.
4. Adheres to department policies, procedures and standards in the development and implementation of software.
5. Participates in the definition of functional and technical requirements for application software to develop skills and knowledge.
6. Modifies acquired application software using tables, profiles and other vendor supplied customization tools to reflect approved changes specified by the users.
7. Prepares application software procedures and documentation for usage, operation, backup and recovery, problem resolution, shutdown and initialization, and process automation in cooperation with technical support and operations staff.
8. Documents new programs or changes to existing programs.
9. Analyzes reasons for failure and revises assigned programs and/or procedures as necessary.
10. Prepares change control documentation.
11. Prepares audit and internal control procedures.
12. Tests application software to assure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results of the end user.
13. Trains user and operations staff and validates ability to use and run applications.
14. Documents testing and training results.
15. Establish an environment and culture that promotes safety in the workplace.
16. Work with peers, superiors and subordinates to insure the development and execution of the department/operating plan.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
1. We expect all team members to exhibit our guiding principles – Respect, Dedication, Integrity, Teamwork and Positivity.
2. Bachelor’s degree in business with MRP experience and training
3. Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in RPG/Imbedded SQL in a manufacturing environment.
4. Proficiency in RPG, RPG embedded SQL programming and fourth generation database query tool experience
5. Some experience with an ERP software solution, either through implementation or significant upgrades to an existing system.
6. Proficiency in AS-400/Power 8.
7. IBM Power 8 hardware experience with distributed wireless connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment is necessary.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
The programmer job operates mainly in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This position is performed within a production facility and may require interaction with employees in the production area. This position would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. This position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periods of time as well as reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques are required. This position may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds for files and computer printouts.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.