« back to listing
Customer Support Engineer (Eaton)
Galesburg, MI US
Salary: Competitive salary
Eaton has an immediate opening for a Customer Cost Out Engineer in Galesburg, MI.
The CMPE will be responsible to drive and achieve savings by teaming with strategic partner OEM to implement projects designed to improve component cost by product, process, packaging, logistics, and infrastructure changes. Additionally, will work with responsible Eaton departments to develop the Eaton / OEM relationship to the mutual advantage of both parties and develop a 3 year roadmap that will identify future opportunities with this strategic partner.
The individual will work to develop and implement a continuous improvement strategy at key strategic OEM partners that is fully aligned with the TNA goals. The individual will develop and implement the linkages between cost out plans and ELSS/Six Sigma initiatives at the strategic OEM partner and prioritize the implementation timing such that the cost out targets can reached and exceeded while generating additional ideas for future cost outs that will enhance the partner pipeline.
- Drive cost out projects for Transmission, Clutch, and Commercial Powertrain Aftermarket product lines in North America, aligning the process with customer’s value added requirements; assuring resources are prioritized with program managers and the Commercial Powertrain leadership team.
- Drive projects lowering total cost of ownership with customers focusing on identifying and improving the customer experience through increased reliability and improved efficiency.
- Periodically review project status with customer and customer account team. Provides updates on project implementation milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the customer, product line teams, and region(s).
- Develop key metrics related to both the Eaton scorecard and OEM systems and perform periodical provide periodic updates to Eaton leadership on performance.
- Coordinates all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication and manage customer expectations.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering, manufacturing engineering, operations, and/or supply chain management
- Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company sponsorship
- Experienced in automotive or commercial vehicle segments preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in engineering, manufacturing engineering, systems engineering, operations, and/or supply chain management
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in a matrix environment through cross functional teams
- Knowledge of experience with Project Management methodologies, processes and tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton senior management.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Broad knowledge of transmissions and/or clutches preferred
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
>> Apply now